- Frank Coyle's Blog
- College Football Mondays
- Ahead of the Curve
- NFL News
- College News
- Order Publication
Gators Holds #1, Tide Moves #2
Team of Week - Texas
Photo - QB Tony Pike - Cincinnati
Team / Ranking
1. Florida (6-0) – Gators win over Arkansas despite supbar performance.
2. Alabama (7-0) – Tide beat a tough SC club and move up our charts.
3. Texas (6-0) – Longhorns win the Red River showdown and hit the road for two key Big 12 battles.
4. USC (5-1) – Trojans win in South Bend and close vs Pac 10 schedule.
5. Miami (5-1) - Canes winning games they should at this point.
6. LSU (5-1) – Tigers face a tough stretch of SEC games to close the schedule.
7. Boise St (6-0) - Broncos just got by an average Tulsa club last week.
8. Cincinnati (6-0) - Bearcats remain perfect but QB Tony Pike is out for now.
9. Texas Christian (6-0) – TCU travels to Provo to battle with BYU for MWC top spot.
10. Oregon (5-1) – Ducks coming off bye week for run at Pac 10 title and Southern Cal coming up in two weeks.
11. Iowa (7-0) – Hawkeyes continue to win the close games.
12. Georgia Tech (6-1) –Ga Tech won a major test vs Virginia Tech to move up the charts.
13. Penn St (6-1) – Nittany Lions face a big test at Michigan this week.
14. BYU (6-1) – Cougars might not get tested until Texas Christian contest later this month.
15. Virginia Tech (5-2) – Tech came up short vs a fired up Georgia Tech club.
16. Oklahoma St (5-1) – Cowboys won a big game vs Missouri last week.
17. Ohio St (5-2) – Buckeyes got caught sleeping vs Purdue.
18. Pittsburgh (6-1)- Panthers won a key Big East showdown vs Rutgers and play out the schedule on their home turf.
19. Oklahoma St (5-1) – Cowboys won a key game vs Missouri that gives them a chance at the Big 12 South title.
20. Houston (5-1) – Cougars high powered offense is lighting up weak CUSA defenses weekly.
21. Utah (5-1) – Utes keep winning and have a few huge MWC games on the November agenda.
22. West Virginia (5-1) – WV is heading to critical late season Big East matchups with Cincinnati and Pittsburgh.
23. Kansas (5-1) - Jayhawks lost a heartbreaker to Colorado and face a tough stretch of Big 12 games.
24. South Carolina (5-2) – SC gave a good effort in loss to a very tough physical Alabama club.
25. Texas Tech (6-1) – Red Raiders have performed very well since their early loss to Texas.
Frank Coyle is a longtime Member of the FWAA and voter in College team and player awards - Heisman, Outland, Nagurski, Thorpe, etc. He is a voter for the Super 16 College Team Polls throughout the season that will present Grantland Rice award to the national champion in January 2010. He is also a voter for Players of the Week and for the FWAA All-American teams at the conclusion of each season.